Popular Posts

Monday, August 27, 2012

SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I was so quiet during the summer!

Recap of summer -
I worked like four different jobs - my inability to keep it on the dl is a joke. By far my most interesting was a stint as a telemarketer. I actually had two different telemarketing jobs - one at VIP Publishers and the other for Martinez Marketing. The first was a 9 to 5, six day a week job. This was the interesting one. I basically sold magazines to unwilling people.

It was a little bit like lying.



They [ 'we' I suppose] attempt to sell you a magazine subscription after letting you know your name has been entered into a sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes are real, the prizes are real. It's just that they ['we'] fib a little when we tell you about the magazines! You can have anything in our database, for sure, but once you sing up you are locked in. They don't tell you that. Hell, I didn't even know that till my third week there!

Poor sods.

Anyway, when people weren't telling me to go screw myself or implying that I was born before my parent's marriage or that I was a female dog...it was actually pretty interesting. Some tend to feel a sense of comfort with a friendly stranger on the phone! I heard some very varied lifestories - some stuff that made me sympathize, some that made me laugh, some that even made me tear up a little! It was a good job even though I never hit quota!

Anyway, school's back!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY


No comments:

Post a Comment