Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

zzzzZZZzzz

I don't know what it is about this new job but for the last two days (which is about as long as I've have had it), I've been zoning the heck out after I get home. The first day I lasted until around 6:00PM, an hour after I returned, before sleeping until 11. Yesterday, I got home the same time and was passed out by 6PM (AGAIN!). You want to know when I woke up?

6:45AM this morning.

Which, coincidentally, is late.

This morning nothing went my way. Woke up late, made the life-altering decision between packing lunch and doing my make-up, ran out the door and STILL MISSED THE BUS. Um, let me sidetrack everyone and myself for a minute.

Does anyone else absolutely hate the I-miss-the-bus experience? I mean, no one likes to miss the bus. But the fat juicy cherry on top of that disgusting ice-cream cone is the I-made-eye-contact-with-the-bus-driver-before-I-missed-the-bus. This woman looked me dead in the eyes as she proceeded to roll on pass me. She sure did. She knew exactly what she was doing when she made the executive decision to keep driving instead of maybe giving me the two minutes it would have taken for me to run the rest of the way.

I bet you her thought process even included a 'Yeah...should I? What would Jesus do? *shrugs* Well, I ain't Him so buh bye!" And apparently SomeCity's shitty public transportation buses stop running constantly after 7:11AM. I had to wait another twenty minutes for the next time and if I had known that I tots would have gone home and just made lunch! But I didn't so I sat there looking extra pissed and extra sweaty and extra nonsensical before the next bus came. And after the first two days of being twenty minutes early to work when a chill supervisor was around, the freaking day a NON-chill supervisor was around was the day that
a) he took everyone up to the work floor early
b) I rolled in 5 minutes later.
He as good as told me that he was considering writing me up.

Yaay.

Awesomesauce.

It was only sheer power of will that kept my pleasant smile on my face after that!

Also, I've been trying to figure out how I can squeeze a visit to Houston in at the end of August but TIMES IS HARD, Y'ALL! Times is hard. I'm still really hoping that this can work out for me. I might have to rob a bank or sell my body but gotdamnit that's the plan.

Peacing out.

P.S. I'm going to try to stay up past 6 today but gosh, I feel the heaviness settling in already...

No comments:

Post a Comment