Popular Posts

Friday, July 15, 2011

Herro WORLD

This post is solely for my benefit. Please excuse me while I type the equivalent of a verbal scream -

KSDMFNLKDJSF LSHFIAWT9R8Q]3[RId fr8q301 =[ ` ]'[ q2hdelqdfvkaqjlfqaoiwwi
fiaq2qeuwasfndkvgdlfp;jKIBFRDJHSGVSFRI8TRWE3FJNMESRKG FXV NZLVFPA9RIQ320T4G[]DFHB52FVG5N BGXFN LFGMBLDMSZ

Back to our regularly scheduled programming!

So hello world! It's me, Love'sChild (known in some circles as the most fabulous thing the world has ever seen, but hey, who wants to know?). I've stopped and started many many many a blog but this one is going to stay. I have a feeling that this one will stick around - or perhaps, I'll stick around and as a consequence this one will too.

I'm a college senior at SomeCity, SomeState USA and I have to be honest - I'm still figuring out what I want to do with my life. I've spent a bunch of time just hohumming as I floated along on a sea of lazy indifference and I figure that it's about time I quit that. I need to hop up off my booty and do something with my life!

So I sat down and thought - hmm, what should I do?

This manner of thinking is...well...alright, it didn't yield too much immediately. It took a little bit of snacking and TV watching (okay fine, i was a total fatty and ate brownies and ice cream in front of LMN movies) for the question to really be answered. And you'll never believe what I came up with (because GOD knows it's like the most original like idea like ever!) -

I want to be famous.

Now, before we get our undies in a bunch, I should clarify. I want to be famous only because that's a way for me to effect immediate change on a significant amount of the world's population. I'm a normal girl with bigger than normal dreams, and the key hear is the plurality! The disenchanted older population always blah blah blah on and on about how we (the nondisenchanted...er...younger people?!) think we can have it all.

But, damnit, why can't I?!

So I want to be famous because I have a story to tell and a voice to tell it with and I think what I have to say is worth listening to. I think my experiences and my take on life in general can enrich the world. I think I can sang and I want to go out and paint pictures and dreams with my voice. Better than that, my voice is strong enough to tell others' stories and speak life into others dreams and I wantneedgotta a chance to do that. I'm not the first to innately believe this about myself, nor will I be the last.

But I can guarantee you that I'll do my damnedest to make it happen for me or die trying.

It's hilarious that all this self-assured motivation has come out of nowhere and slapped me upside the head around the venerable age of twenty. Where was all this drive before? All this focus? Psht, who the hell knows? I sure don't. In any case - I'm Love's Child and I'd like to say-

Hello, World. It'll be a pleasure working with ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment