Popular Posts

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Trendy Thursdays!

First post in the new year - huzzah!

School actually started yesterday in Sometown, Somecity, USA. I swear to you, I'm like a three year old on turkey...by 1:30PM I was ZZZing through my class. I have two classes MW and three TTh and absolutely nothing on Friday's. H$!!'s yeah. Okay, so blogging needs to be done more frequently. I say this every single year.

New Year's Resolutions -
1) Work out. Everyone says this. But if you're going to talk about it, be about it, right? With that go-getter mentality in mind, I went ahead and signed up for two workout classes on campus. The first starts Jan31st and runs until before Spring Break, the second is actually a women's self defense class. Since I'm paying for it, best believe your girl is attending it...WOOT MUTHAFLIPPIN WOOT!
2) Clean. I'm oh so messy and it sometimes makes life difficult. Twice a week, I'm going to pick things up. Hopefully, it's a habit that keeps?
3) Write more. YEAHHHH done it! I did so much fanfic over break, I was like 'OMGIMAMAZING'. SO I guess I just need to keep up with that.
4) Eat somewhat healthily. This is going to be the hardest thing ever. Alright, so I love lots of new things almost every single week.
5) Attend class. Easier said than done... ZzzZzz...
That's it. I don't understand the people with a billion resolutions - you know in your heart of hearts you're never going to actually go through with 80% of that list. MEH. 

So Trendy Thursdays!

I'm totally totally loving a few things this week that I did not know about last week. And some things I've just always loved and only getting to tell you about now...

Music Crush(es): Cloud
Pandora is AH-MAZE-ING. It has introduced me to so much music I would otherwise never have been exposed to and 'Cloud' is one of them. I have a particular soft-spot for lounge, house, & electronica. This came on and I was jamming out automatically.
and
Also in love with Electrik Red ---> took two years but the album is now on my laptop! Can't stop listening to this song...on repeat.

Girl Crush: Alison Sudol from A Fine Frenzy
If I ever met her in person...I'd probably just cry. And I'm not kidding when I say that.

Boy Crush: Matt Lewis
I don't understand how I missed his transformation from
 to 
Yes, that's the fat bumbling kid from Harry Potter.
My reaction -
then 


Hahahahahahahahahahah goodness gracious. Real talk though, he's the perfect example of puberty done right. Like holy sugar honey ice tea! Even as I type this, I'm just shaking my head like
HELLO? IS THAT YOU NEVILLE?! Because you can be the father of my children, kthnxbyeeeeee.

Show+Movie Love:
VAMPIRE DIARIES.
I've been sleeping on this show and finally just blazed through the first two seasons in about three days at my sister's house. It was ah-maze-ing. I laughed, I swore, I cried, I cooed. Goodness. So incredible. DONT WANT TO READ THE BOOKS - just want to watch the show.
Ocean's Eleven.
Finally watched it and really liked it, interestingly enough. 

Book Love:
Rereading Jo Bev for some reason this week - Company of Rogues, what what! I didn't ever finish the Rogue circle books so I'm going to start The Devil's Heiress in a bit since I read all the ones
before that.

Clothing Obsession:
SOCKS. Like high-knee what I used to wear in Catholic school type socks. I think it's because Urban Outfitter had a sale on high socks so I was literally like this is amazing! I added myself to lookbook.nu (my sister will be pissed bc I always steal stuff she loves but HEY!) and I like to see all the funky
stuff people put together on there. I want to incorporate a traditional African piece into a lot of my outfits but don't know where to start! meh
Okay check this -

or this -


or this!




Yep, I want this look for when it gets warmer where I live. But I suspect this is what I'm going to end up looking like lol -


 
I have nothing against Monsieur Castaglioni but his stuff's just always too far out for me. And that look <------ is not one I enjoy or want to replicate smh.


Alright. It's 2AM. The witching hour. Except not.
Adieu, mes amies!


OOOOOOOHHHH PS! I got featured in Abby's World Natural Hair Section :) Check the link 0_0



No comments:

Post a Comment